Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new book, Sidney Toler

Was wondering if they talked about Sidney Toler, he was my GGUncle. I had a lot of info on him, but my house burned down and I lost all my Geneology Info. So I am retracking my conections and get it all back.
Thanks for the info.

Barb

Re: new book, Sidney Toler

Dear Barb,

It is an honor to have the great-grand-niece of Sidney Toler post on our humble Board. Welcome to you.

I assume that the book to which you refer is the new book on Charlie Chan by Yunte Huang. Yes, there are references to Mr. Toler in that book. As Dr. Huang's book covers much ground regarding Chan and Chang Apana, the Honolulu detective who offered the basis for Biggers' Charlie Chan, the information about your great-grand-uncle consists of the information that you amy already be familiar with. Still, I would recommend the read, as the book offers a unique collection of insights about the character Mr. Toler so famously portrayed on the screen.

If I may, I might suggest that you take a look at the Sidney Toler portion of our Study, located at this website. I think that you might find some of our collected information both interesting and of some use as you seek-out information. I am sorry that you lost all that you did in the fire at your home. If you would like to share any of your personal insights about your great-grand-uncle, I can guarantee that you would have many thankful and eager readers here.

I hope that this has been of some help to you...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick