Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sidney Toler

Mr. Glick, thanks for the reply about my GreatGreat uncle Sidney. I am learning more and more about him and I wish I had known him. His father was a horse breeder in Missouri, and his brother (not sure if this was his only brother) worked in New York and his mother was living in Florida when I first found him in Missouri. There were a lot of stories about him being related to us by the Toler side of my family. I had so much information, including a family tree that a great cousin had done and it linked him, but I lost that and a personnel letter to a distant cousin from Sidneys mother. It was great and I found it so facinating, she sounded like a wonderful woman and very humerous At the time she wrote the letter Sidney was acrting on the stage and was very busy, she sounded very proud of him. I had a break down after the fire and lost my ability to remember the things I had gathered and it is very frustrating. Just when I was going to enter everything I had, the fire takes it all. Well I am bound and determined to get it all back. There were pictures that I will never get back, my mother had given all the ones of the family that we had and it wasn't just the Toler ones it was about 20 branches of the main families that flowed down to me, so much time. I figure I have about 20 good years at least to finish it again. I will contact your site again if I find any more. Thank you for the site its great. By the way I love Charley Chan, Watched all the old movie, I must have had a premention about Ssidney way before I found out abou him being related Sincerly,Barbara Perkins.