Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "The New Adventures of CC"

Our latest excursion through the Charlie Chan series has reached its conclusion. But, wait! We have one more stop to go, as we take a glimpse at Charlie Chan’s continued adventures several years later as depicted in “The New Adventures of Charlie Chan.” This television series from 1957 featured J. Caroll Naish as Charlie Chan and James Hong as Number One Son, Barry. The two selections from this series that we have chosen to watch are episode number 4: “Blind Man’s Buff” and from episode 27, “The Airport Murder Case.” So, please join us for this week’s Chat and Film Viewing as we watch and discuss these two adventures which would have been at the tail end of Detective Chan’s storied career.

Our Chat Room is located HERE at our Charlie Chan Family Home. Please use any of the “Chat Room” links to join us. We begin with arrivals and greetings at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, and we roll our personal copies of the movie thirty minutes later.

Even if you do not happen to have a copy of our featured movie, please do join us, as you will NOT be left out of our ongoing chat and festivities. (Many of our films may be found available for viewing online!) Also, as is our custom, newcomers are offered the seat of honor at our humble table.

"Thank you so much," and let’s get together for yet another fun Monday evening as we gather to watch “Blind Man’s Buff” and “The Airport Murder Case.”

(PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to receive weekly email announcements regarding our Monday Evening Chats, as well as receive high-quality scanned movie still images (one per week) from our films of the week, please email us at: charliechanfamily@yahoo.com)

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "The New Adventures of CC"

Dear Rush,

Unfortunately I will not be able to join the viewing this Monday. I really wanted to be apart of the CCFH premiere of "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan." My work schedule has changed, so off to work I go.

Good luck with the screening. My thoughts will be with you and the members of the Chan clan.

Aloha,

Steve

Wouldn't you know that I won't be able to make it either?!

Family matters, nothing serious, but the beverage cart will be open with eggnog and assorted hot chocolate, tea, coffee and Christmas cookies!

Merry Christmas!

Virginia

Dear Virginia and Steve,

We did miss both of you last night. We had a total of eight participants, I believe, and we had a great time. We availed ourselves of the goodies aboard the beverage cart, and we tried to clean up the best we could at the endo of the evening. Hopefully, more of us will, over time, get copies of "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan," so we can do this again, perhaps, as was suggested, at intervals during our trip through the Chan series.

Take care, both of you, and maybe we will see you at next Monday's Chat when we begin our next journey through the series.

Sincerely,
Rush