Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charlie Chan yearly Calendar

Dear Terri,

Thank you for your question.

It has been suggested to the Programming Department that there be a two to three month listing of Chan programs at the Calendar section of this website.

Currently, we are viewing the Charlie Chan films in chronological order. From "Behind That Curtain" (1929) to The Sky Dragon" (1949).

For this year, the Programming Department has scheduled additional "side-stop" viewings of Chan-related films. The "side-stops" include, but are not limited to, viewings of Mr. Moto's Gamble, selected films from the Mr. Wong series (Chan remakes from Wong originals), and special episodes from the TV series "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan" (1957-58).

If you do not currently own the DVDs of "Mr. Moto's Gamble," the Mr. Wong series, or "New Adventures" TV series, please consider purchasing them.

It is also my understanding that we may have "side-stop" viewings to celebrate the birthdays of James Hong, Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, et al.

Stay tune for exciting Charlie Chan Extras. 2011 promises to be a special year for all Chan fans. After all, it's the year of the Rabbit.

Sincerely,

Steve

I'd like to buy the "New Adventures" DVDs. Do you have an address or an url? tysm

Michael,

The DVDs of "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan" are only available for purchase from various websites. I am not aware of any retail stores selling this TV series. There are new DVDs and used DVDs available.

The DVD prices for "New Adventures" varies as much as the quality of the DVDs themselves. Here are a few listings:

The Nostalgia Merchant sells the set for $36.95. For additional information, please see the Bulletin Board on this website.

On Amazon.com, the Nostalgia Merchant DVD set is listed for sale at $199.00.

Movie Time Entertainment sells the set for about $20.00. This is the set I purchased in 2009.

On ebay, "woodworkingmachinelover" has a set listed for sale at $9.99.

On ioffer, there are two sellers, one for $13.00, and another seller at $34.99.

Before your purchase your DVD set, I STRONGLY recommend that you ask the seller questions about the origins of the DVDs. Be specific about the quality of the DVDs. Ask the seller if they offer a return policy. Some sets have clipped episodes running around 22 minutes, while other sets have the same episodes at a 26 minute running time. Some episodes are videotape recording from a 16mm projector showing the image on a wall (fuzzy kind of image). Some episodes are video recording from Mystery TV, a Canadian cable channel (c. 2001).

Bottom Line: Do NOT pay BIG BUCK for this series. Good luck.

Steve

Thanks for your great help.
I hope I can get the dvd this time ;-)
tysm