Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan hat

Hi all,

My family and I are making a (low-budget) Charlie Chan movie, CHARLIE CHAN IN TRANSYLVANIA. We are currently working on the wardrobe and gathering materials for the set and other props. So far I've been unable to track down a reasonably priced Charlie Chan tall-bowler hat. What is "reasonably priced"? Well, our entire movie will cost about $300, so that will give you an idea. I'm looking for a black one. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, my family and I have been showing our homemade monster movies for several years now at the annual Monster Bash convention each June in Butler, Pennsylvania. This Chan movie will be shown there.

Thanks again,

Brian

Re: Charlie Chan hat

if you look at ebay some make shift hats are available for around $40. What day is your showing? Saturday Night outdoors? We will be in the area

I think our showing will be Sunday, but I'm not sure of the time. We usually show our homemade horrors around noon (at least we have for the past couple years).

Brian

hatsinthebelfrey.com has a black bowler hat for sale at $34. A white one for $20.50.