Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: In Panama thoughts

Dear DMC,

Thank you for the information on the "Indianapolis." You have very keen eyes, indeed! I never noticed the name before on the plane being launched. I seem to recall thinking that one ship shown passing through the canal was the "Enterprise" aircraft carrier. This was certainly stock footage used by 20th Century-Fox for this film.

The seaplane scene was, I believe, as you suggest, shot either at Long Beach, or possibly at San Pedro. One can see oil wells in some of the shots in the distance. Also, at one point, what sounds like a pile driber can be heard in the distance. I think that the seaplane used in "Panama" was one of those that made the 26-mile flights to Santa Catalina Island.

I cannot reacll the sign held by a boy in the film, but there was one displayed on someone that translated reads "blind."

The loose monkey in the lab would undoubtedly have been a disaster waiting to happen! Possibly it had figured out a way to exit its cage?

Thank you again for your wonderful information on the battleship "Indianapolis."

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: In Panama thoughts

Well, I don't feel like my eyes were very keen. After all I have watched this movie, probably every month or two, for the last umpteen years, and didn't notice it until early this year. Diana