Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Charlie Chan in Honolulu" on ThisTV, Tuesday, 3/22!

Hi,

I have already deleted off my DVR, sorry.

Yes, there were commercials. No host. I didn't watch the whole thing because it was really pointless since I have the DVD; I recorded it mostly out of curiosity. The scene in question was cut from the time you see the nurse start down the hall to the point where Charlie talks to the doctor.

On the plus side, it looked like the same source print as the DVD was used; it was not a well worn 16mm print or one of the beat up prints that used to show up on TV.

The "This" network is one of those retro type networks that sprung up when local channels needed to fill their allotment of digital channels. It is hardly a premium channel or big budget operation. It is similar to the RTV (retro TV) network except it has more movies.

Of course, any exposure for Chan is a good thing and hopefully this airing will lead to more. Preferably uncut though.

Steve

Re: "Charlie Chan in Honolulu" on ThisTV, Tuesday, 3/22!

Dear Steve,

A late Thank You for your review of the showing of "Honolulu." Despite the cut you noted and the fact that there was no host, at least, as you alluded, we have someone showing an occasional Charlie Chan film! No complaints here!

Sincerely,
Rush