Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Whistler Fans

Dan Van Neste has let me know that his new book . . . about The Whistler Series with Richard Dix is coming out in May:

Dear Friends,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to announce the publication of my book, The Whistler: Stepping Into the Shadows by BearManor Media. The enclosed is a rough draft of the announcement I will be sending out to publicize. (See attachment for front cover).

Warm Regards,
Dan

Just click on my website link for more information.--Virginia

Re: For Whistler Fans

Anyone ever see Jack Benney's satire of "The Whistler" called The Fiddler? It's hilarious. "I am The Fiddler..."

How about the audio on youtube.com?! . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExNDFb9G3dc

Virginia

Russell,

Yes, I have seen "The Fiddler" episode of the Jack Benny Program. Very clever, very funny.

In late 1979-early 1980, I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Benny's old writers on "All in the Family." These grand old gentlemen knew the Benny character better than anybody. The cast played their parts to the hilt. A very funny episode.

Thanks for the Memory.

Steve