Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Challenge for Chan Fans: An Unknown Picture from CC at the Circus?

I was doing research on locations (they are located on my website and include Black Camel) and found an article that has a picture that is attributed as being a site in CC at the Circus. . . .

I can't place it but maybe it's just me not being as eagle eye as Rush thinks I am!

The direct link to my Circus page is at http://tommenterprises.tripod.com/id218.html or hit my website link to get it, Black Camel and other new location sites.

Virginia

Re: A Challenge for Chan Fans: An Unknown Picture from CC at the Circus?

Hi Virginia,

I checked out that image and while I'm not 100% sure, I think it might be from the scene where Lee and Tim (the midget) trail Nellie and Dan (the brother and sister) to a lawyer about claiming Mr. Kinney's share of the circus (or something like that). In the scene Lee is dressed up as a woman and Tim is in the stroller.

While it doesn't exactly look like the place, I think it's because of the perspective of the photograph. From what I would imagine, if you were to go to the left of where the big pole at the left of the picture is, perhaps that's where the park would be?

Not completely sure though.

Dear R Chan Fan,

First...WELCOME!

I agree with your suggestion that the photo in question probably shows the location of the only outdoor scene beyond the confines of the Kinney and Gaines Circus. That was, as you note, where Lee and Colonel Tim were doing their undercover work, only to have their cover blown by Su Toy!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Thanks Rush! As I said in my first post here a few days back, I really like the site! Mondays right now are kind of busy for me, but I hope someday soon I'll get to go into the chatroom with the rest of you all.