Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New book on Misters Chan/Moto/Wong

A disclaimer - I don't know the author or have any connection with the publisher.

I just received a book (via the author on eBay) called The Case Files of the oriental Sleuths: Charlie Chan, Mr. Moto & Mr. Wong by David Rothel.

It looks to be a pretty ambitious survey of the characters, their movies, books/stories upon which they are based, and other media such as TV, comics, and Old-Time Radio.

I just thumbed through it during lunch and it looks like a good, all-in-one handy reference. Not a basis for a "stump the dummy" pop quiz, and not illustration heavy, but adequate coverage of the topics for the size of the volume (326 pages).

I am especially looking forward to the discussion of the Chan radio programs.

The Book is by BearManor Media and it is available through the usual sources (Amazon, etc). The Amazon price is $24.95 and there is a Kindle version. If they offer a Nook version, I'll talk my rife into ordering one as an "on the road" reference.

regards,

Bob Keller

Re: New book on Misters Chan/Moto/Wong

Oh, that should be wife, not rife.

Re: New book on Misters Chan/Moto/Wong

Dear Bob,

Thank you for the quick review! I see that I will be visiting Amazon soon to order my own copy.

Sincerely,
Rush