Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Other Mysteries Like Charlie Chan? Miss Marple

There was also the Disney Hardy Boy serials of the 50s as well as Canadian series of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew in the mid 90s. Jim Hutton stared as Ellery Queen and George Peppard as Banajek in two fine early 70s series. Tim Hutton played Nero Wolfe's assistant Archie Goodwin about 10 years ago and Gene Wilder did a couple of really good "Cash Carter" TV mysteries. I should also mention the great PBS Mysteries in the early 1970s, Lord Peter Wimsey, Father Brown, Joan Hickson's Miss Marple, Tommy and Tuppence, Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes and Derek Jacoby's "Cadfiel." Kelly Martin did a good "Mystery Woman" series a few years back with Clarence Williams III as her sidekick. I found the Encyclopedia Brown series quite likable. Father Dowling was a bit light, but I was rather fond of Tom Bosley and Tracey Nelson in the lead roles.

Although un-Chan like, I always have loved The Avengers, especially the episodes with Diana Rigg

Dear Lin,

I, too, enjoyed that series.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick