Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another Legend Passes: Peter Falk

My most memorable image of Peter Falk is from the mystery spoof "Murder By Death" (1976) written by Neil Simon. Falk's character is a take-off of Sam Spade/Phillip Marlowe, private detective.

This film is filled with snappy dialogue and great actors playing fun mystery characters. Included in the cast is Peter Sellers doing a sweet parody of Charlie Chan. Great fun. This movie brings a smile to my face each time I think of it.

If you are a fan of mystery/detective films, like I am, this film is a most-see. This film is included in my Charlie Chan DVD collection.

Also, I believe Mr. Falk was in an episode or two of the original Twilight Zone.

Dear Mr. Falk, Thank you for the many years of first-rate entertainment. RIP.

A fine actor, and anything he appeared in was, IMO, worth seeing.

I remember a story he told many years ago during a TV interview:

It was commonly known that when he was quite young (three years old), he lost his right eye due to a malignancy. Afterwards, he wore a glass replacement. As a young man, he was playing in a baseball game and was called "out" by an umpire when he felt he was clearly "safe," having beaten both the ball and the tag by the opposing player. He removed his glass eye and offered it to the umpire, saying "You need this more than I do!"

R.I.P.

I wasn't much of a Columbo fan, but I enjoyed his work on The Twilight Zone as the dictator with the mirror that showed his assassins...

Re: Another Legend Passes

Yes, very sad news.

May Peter Falk be remembered for his many performances, including, of course, his famous Lt. Columbo, and may he rest in piece.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick