Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Chan cameo appearence (sort of)

How fun. This is interesting news. Is this a regular series? What network is this series on?

One of the best Charlie Chan cameos is in the bedroom farce "A Guide for the Married Man" (1967) with Walter Matthau, Lucille Ball, Jack Benny, etc.

Charlie Chan appears during the Carl Reiner segment. There is a brief scene set in Hawaii. Look for the heavy-set Asian man in the white suite and hat.

An interesting note about this film: It was released by 20th Century-Fox, the studio that released the original Charlie Chan films.

Dear Steve,

Yes! I had forgotten about the scene you mention! (We do need to compile all of these "Chan sightings"!) It is interesting, as you note, that that picture was released by 20th Century-Fox with their obvious connection to Charlie Chan. Also, it was very soon that the Fox Chan films would be released and promoted for television showings.

I would also like to thank Russell for sharing his "find"!

Sincerely,
Rush

Dear Steve: "Leverage" is on TNT airing on Sunday nights at 9:00pm. episodes are repeated and may be available On Demand. The murder mystery format is not a regular feature. The program follows a kind of combination Sting-Misson Impossible format.

Dear Russell and Rush,

It would be fun to start a "Chan Sighting List" on this website. There are so many cameos from Chan and Moto. [Mr. Moto appears in a Looney Tunes cartoon with Porky Pig.]

Thank you Russell for the information. I'll try and check out the series on TNT.

Aloha,

Steve