Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Charlie Chan Game [Just an idea]

Hi all. I had an idea, with Rush's approval of course, to have a somewhat game here on the message boards. Every now and then, I or someone else posts a picture from a scene in a Charlie Chan movie and maybe along with a clue and it's up to others to try to figure out which movie the scene is from. I thought it might be fun, but if it's more of an annoyance or rather not a good idea, I'll forget about the idea heh. So I'll judge by your feedback if you like the idea or not.

Here's an example of the game. I watched a CC movie the other night (as I do whenever I get the chance). Can you all guess which movie I watched from the pic below? It's a real treasure!

Photobucket

Who will be the first to guess what movie the above pic is from? I can give a hint if needbe; I've actually gave a clue already

Re: The Charlie Chan Game [Just an idea]

Dear RCF,

Great idea! I think that this would be fun.

As for the one you have shared, although the first thought that I had was the "obvious" guess, judging by the props around Chan. He does wear a topcoat in that one, but, he also wears one in another film that could be pointed to by your clue. I'll hold off and let someone else give it a try, and then give my guess/answer later, if there are no correct takers!

Again, very good idea...

Sincerely,
Rush

Dear RCF,

Your idea sounds like fun!

My stab at this one is: "Dead Men Tell"

I vote to keep them coming, when you have time of course.

Thanks!
Matt

I think you have a great idea, am looking forward to more pictures. Perhaps you could post your game photo at the same time each week, or something predictable?

That is definitely "Dead Men Tell". It is early in the movie, when Charlie is still looking for Jimmy, and he first meets Miss Nodberry (?sp).

Diana

I'm glad you all like the idea!

First off, congrats to Matt and DMC for guessing the correct movie: Dead Men Tell!

I agree with DMC, that the game should be done at a predictable time to be fair and to give everyone an opportunity. I'm thinking, maybe on a Sunday sometime in the afternoon but if anyone has a better suggestion, let me know. I can let you all know a day or so in advance before posting the picture also.

My only problem is that, I don't have much time to watch movies these days. I used to watch a CC movie a week, however sometimes I might not be able to. If any of you would like to post a pic for the game, then feel free to do so! Perhaps take turns or something like that. Not sure. But the more the merrier, as the saying goes Plus it'll give me a shot at the game also

All I did was play the movie on my computer, press the Print Screen button on the keyboard, pasted the picture of the scene in a photo editing program and then resized it. Then use a free photo site (like I use photobucket) to store the picture. My only suggestion is, when choosing a picture, try choosing one that has some clues in it to what movie it's from. Obviously just choosing a picture of CC without any clues won't work very well heh

I'll try to watch another CC movie this Friday and get another picture posted Sunday. If someone else would like to try, just post a reply here to let me know

Great job, everyone! This could be fun to have on the Sundfay before our Chat sessions. Of course, any time during the week works, too!

Again, great idea!

Sincerely,
Rush

I watched another Charlie Chan movie tonight. I'll have the picture from the movie up Sunday afternoon for anyone who would like to play the second round in the game. Keep a look out Sunday!