Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good Luck to Those That Will Get Hit by Hurricane Irene

Yes, the same from us, too.

I keep looking at the projections, and see one of our younger kids as a target, in Boston. We will hope for the best.

Diana

Hopefully it'll weaken to a tropical storm when it gets there and will just be rain and not much wind. I hope for the best as well.

Ditto and a good time for prayers.

The irony is that we could use some of that rain over 98% of Texas.

Virginia

Our prayers are with everyone in the potentially affected areas. As has been mentioned, hopefully the storm will weaken before it arrives. Stay safe, and please let us know how you are doing.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Ditto here

After living in Florida for five years, it takes moving to Pennsylvania to experience a Hurricane. Who would have thunk?

Well, that's life! You never know what'll happen to you. We've had weird twists, too.

Hope you don't get washed away with the rain.

Good luck, Diana

Matt
After living in Florida for five years, it takes moving to Pennsylvania to experience a Hurricane. Who would have thunk?

Good luck Matt. Hopefully the storm won't be too bad there. That is strange though, I know. I've been living in FL all my life and been through many hurricanes. Never liked them, never will heh.

Thanks for all your wishes.

Power was out for 13 hours and was just restored. We spent 7 hours on a bucket brigade to keep the sump pumps from over flowing, until a neighbor offered to share an outlet on a their portable generator. Got to LOVE good neighbors! It was a LONG day, but all in all, we made it and our basement is dry.

Lessons learned? Yes, we will be buying a portable generator!

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow evening!

Sincerely,
Matt

PS-Earthquake last Tuesday, Tornado touches down in the area last night and a Hurricane this morning.....Oh my!

You will have to write your recent adventures, to remember, in future.

Matt
Thanks for all your wishes.

Power was out for 13 hours and was just restored. We spent 7 hours on a bucket brigade to keep the sump pumps from over flowing, until a neighbor offered to share an outlet on a their portable generator. Got to LOVE good neighbors! It was a LONG day, but all in all, we made it and our basement is dry.

Lessons learned? Yes, we will be buying a portable generator!

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow evening!

Sincerely,
Matt

PS-Earthquake last Tuesday, Tornado touches down in the area last night and a Hurricane this morning.....Oh my!

Glad to hear you're doing well Matt! Unfortunately we didn't learn our lesson after Hurricane Wilma. Imagine, Hurricane Wilma hit us near the end of October, the 20-something, a few years back. We were sitting without electric for a few days and hearing the horrible news that our electric company should get the electric back on for everyone by Thanksgiving.... we ended up without electric for an entire week! That was the worst for me during any hurricane I've been through. And yet.....we still don't have a generator! We can't really afford one but we should get one. Definitely a nice thing to have in case of storms! Just have to be very careful with them since they can be deadly if used incorrectly.

Anyway, glad things are ok with you now and that you got your electric restored!