Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Odd October...

A glance at our Charlie Chan Family Calendar for October reveals one of our most unusual months ever! First, you will see that October is one of the most jam-packed months with regard to Charlie Chan history! Next, as this year's Melbourne Cup night would have coincided with our annual CCF Halloween Party, we had to move it to one week earlier, requiring us to patiently await the results of the Melbourne Cup Race for a week! Warner Oland fans will be pleased to know that we have TWO of his most memorable portrayals of Chan in the month of October.

My profound thanks - and apologies - to Steve Fredrick for his suggested schedule which I had to tweak a bit to fill that busy month!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Odd October...

Definitely a lot going on in October! The Melbourne Cup Night sounds like fun and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays

Re: Odd October...

Of all the months of the year, October has more events related to Charlie Chan than any other month.

Besides annual events such as the Melbourne Cup and the Halloween party, we can celebrate the birthdays of several Chan Film Players.

October offers a delightful mixed-plate sampling of the films of Charlie Chan. Enjoy.