Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chan Sayings

Ah, Virginia, that will take some thinking today. Don't even know if we even have ever used Chan sayings in daily life. Of course we could have, and I just don't remember at the moment. Diana

Re: Chan Sayings

Virginia Johnson
While we wait for RChanFan's latest goodie (and I'm one who's looking forward to it! ), I've been wondering about you all who frequent Rush's board:

I have often quoted Charlie's line from Circus: "Size of package does not indicate quality within."

Is there any quote from the movies and/or the books (I guess the Englih series with Naish count) that you have used two or more times?

Virginia, the Nosy Maven

Hi Virginia, first I'm glad you look forward to my game

That's an interesting question. As I watched CC in Paris the other night, I actually wondered how they came up with such sayings. They are actually full of wisdom, yet short and to the point. CC in Paris has some pretty good quotes that could be used in the everyday world, like:

"Only foolish man waste words when argument is lost."

And I liked this quote as well: "Optimist only sees doughnut, pessimist sees hole."

Many other great sayings are in that movie among the other movies as well. I just need to remember to use them when the situation arrives