Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "Dark Alibi" (8PM, ET)

Please join us for our Monday Evening Chat and Film Viewing as we watch and discuss “Dark Alibi,” starring Sidney Toler. In this adventure, an ex-convict is accused and found guilty of a murder that Chan is convinced he did not commit. Can the detective, working with Number Three Son, Tommy and assistant Birmingham Brown find the true killer before an innocent man is executed?

Our Chat Room is located HERE at our Charlie Chan Family Home. Please use any of the “Chat Room” links to join us. We begin with arrivals and greetings at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, and we roll our personal copies of our film exactly 30 minutes later.

Even if you do not happen to have a copy of the above-noted film, please do join us anyway, as you will NOT be left out of our ongoing chat and festivities. (Many of our films may be found available for viewing online through such outlets as You Tube, etc.) Also, as is our custom, newcomers are offered the seat of honor at our humble table.

"Thank you so much," and let’s meet for yet another fun Monday evening as we gather to watch “Dark Alibi.”

Also, please note a VERY interesting Charlie Chan event that is coming very soon that we have posted at our Bulleting Board, elswhere at this site!

PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to receive weekly email announcements regarding our Monday Evening Chats, as well as receive high-quality scanned movie still images (one per week) from our films of the week, please email us at: charliechanfamily@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "Dark Alibi" (8PM, ET)

Plus we'll be remembering Labor's Day and September ll.2001. . . .

So bring your appitite for Coney Island Hot Dogs, New York Cheese Cake and Bronx Cocktails!

Virginia

I'm new here. Nice to find this site and an active board.

Having watched the other Chan films over and over I was excited to get my TCM set but I am a bit disappointed in Dark Alibi. Still, the viewing party sounds like fun.

JaninPenna

Having watched the other Chan films over and over I was excited to get my TCM set but I am a bit disappointed in Dark Alibi. Still, the viewing party sounds like fun.

Welcome to the site Janin

I felt that way, somewhat, with the movie The Trap (although, any Charlie Chan movie is fine by me!). I like Dark Alibi, though. I like the humor in the movie also.

There's a chat every Monday on this site, if you'd like to join in. It's a fun time with very nice people.

Yes, welcome to you, JaninPenna. You will have fun here, especially if you are seriously a Chan fan.

RChanFan we like "Dark Alibi", too. It is a tour de force for Mr. Morland, between his meetings with Mr. Carter and trips to that warehouse.

Diana

DMC
Yes, welcome to you, JaninPenna. You will have fun here, especially if you are seriously a Chan fan.

RChanFan we like "Dark Alibi", too. It is a tour de force for Mr. Morland, between his meetings with Mr. Carter and trips to that warehouse.

Diana

I agree. After watching it last night during the chat, it reminded me of how I liked the humor in the dialogue. There are some great lines in there. Also as you stated, Birmingham doing what he does best. Plus, Birmingham, Ben Carter, and Charlie at the end!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I probably am what you would call a serious Chan fan so I'll be seeing you nice folks on here.

I will also view Dark Alibi a few more times so I can spot the humor, as it escaped me with the first viewing.

I agree, even if it's not great, it's still Chan.

I gave it a 2nd viewing and it improved. :>)

I thought I recognized one of the monsters that Birminham Brown bumps into in the warehouse.

Do you know if they used old movie props for that scene?

Oops

RChanFan
JaninPenna

Welcome to the site Janin

I felt that way, somewhat, with the movie The Trap (although, any Charlie Chan movie is fine by me!). I like Dark Alibi, though. I like the humor in the movie also.

There's a chat every Monday on this site, if you'd like to join in. It's a fun time with very nice people.

I was having some connection problems earlier last night and after looking over this post of mine, I noticed that the last part of my message was missing..I must've forgotten to retype it.

So to finish up that post, I also wanted to say:

"And there's also a lot of nice people on the message board here as well. So hopefully will see you around Janin, either on the board or in the chatroom"

Sorry about the delayed edit