Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CC Seeing Triple

As stated in my "CC Seeing Double" post a week ago, I found some things that were reused in the Monogram Charlie Chan movies. We already covered a scene that was reused and a building that was reused. Now, this week, it's a set that was reused in at least two movies (although could've been used in more movies than I'm aware of?)

This set looks to be reused at least three times, actually: twice in the same movie and then again in a different Charlie Chan movie. The below three pictures are scenes from those two movies.

The first two pictures (Image A and B) are scenes from the same movie. You can see that the set is pretty much the same except it was changed a bit to appear as if it's two different buildings. The last picture (Image C) is from a different Charlie Chan movie. Once again the set looks a bit different in order to appear like a different building, but again the same basic structure. While I know the sets don't look identical, it does seem very similar.

So can you guys guess which two movies these three pictures are from? Remember that Image A and B are from the same Charlie Chan movie and Image C is from a different one.

Image A
Set 1

Image B
Set 2

Image C
Set 3

Re: CC Seeing Triple

Scarlet Clue and Secret Service ?

As MysteryMan said, the first two are definitely Scarlet Clue. They were in and out of doors on at least three different floors (that might explain the differences in these two shots).

The third picture might be from Meeting at Midnight/Dark Alibi. Elevators were in that movie as well. I am not sure about this third photo, though.

Diana

Oh, I just remembered! This is from Chinese Cat. Charlie is looking to see if the killer is still around, after finding the gas canister connected to the door in their hotel room.

Right?

First off, hey there MysteryMan. Haven't seen you around in a while

I will give some points to MysteryMan and some to DMC. Well that is, if I was giving out points

You were correct MysteryMan about the first two pictures, they were from The Scarlet Clue. And DMC, you were right in your second post: the third picture is from The Chinese Cat after they were gassed.

So congrats you two for solving my final "CC Seeing.." game heh.

Hi RChanFan....Yes, I've been going to the doctor and dealing with medical things. It slows down my surfing time. Glad to be back and hope to join in more trivia soon.

MysteryMan
Hi RChanFan....Yes, I've been going to the doctor and dealing with medical things. It slows down my surfing time. Glad to be back and hope to join in more trivia soon.

Ah, Well I hope you're doing ok MysteryMan! I understand though, so don't worry about it. I'm glad you're back though and again, hope things are well!

Glad you are well. I'm new here but you'll be seeing me pop up once in a while. Always good to be home and recovering isn't it? Take care. Charlie Chan needs all his fans.

New poster think RChan fan very astute.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Scarlet Clue.

JaninPenna
New poster think RChan fan very astute.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Scarlet Clue.

Thanks Janin You're right that the first two pictures are from The Scarlet Clue. The third picture, however, is from another Charlie Chan movie, if you'd like to guess what it is (unless you read the answers already in a previous post). But good guessing on the Scarlet Clue one. I just thought it was interesting that the set was pretty much similar in those two movies.

Who knows, maybe there's more Monogram movies that uses the same set that I didn't notice. So if anyone knows, please do post and let me know!

Round 10 of The Charlie Chan Game at 5pm Sunday 9/11

As usual I stick in a reminder here or there that there'll be a new round of the Charlie Chan game. Sorry this was late. I finished the game pictures at the lost moment. In any case, today (Sunday 9/11) at 5pm will be the next round of the game. Hope you all will enjoy it!

Re: Round 10 of The Charlie Chan Game at 5pm Sunday 9/11

Sounds like a good puzzler today, as the pictures were found in a "lost" moment....

Re: Round 10 of The Charlie Chan Game at 5pm Sunday 9/11

DMC
Sounds like a good puzzler today, as the pictures were found in a "lost" moment....

hehe well actually that was a typo..I meant "last moment" but you know, "lost moment" seems to sound right also . It was a moment lost but then found on luck and chance... sounds like a good beginning to a book

I forgot to mention that was 5pm *EST*. I guess I was pretty tired when I wrote that post ha