Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Charlie Chan Game (Guess the Movie) - Round 12

Congratulations Kenneth. The "Game" is fun, isn't it?

Yes it is fun...as always I'm lagging in response :)

DMC: Thank You. This Game is great fun. I have the entire Chan Collections, which my wife and I watch over and over again. I always see something different each time I watch them. My wife and I are retired so we have plenty of time to watch these great films. My youngest daughter(29) is a Charlie Chan Fan also. Looking forward to the next Round.

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like the game

First, congrats to you all for guessing it correctly, first or not. Kenneth was the first to name the title: Charlie Chan in City in Darkness. Glad you noticed the "turn off the lights" clue I threw in there DMC! And MysteryMan: late or not, I'm just glad you like to play the game

I'm also glad to see the picture finally started working in the original post. Not sure what was going on there. I hope the black background was ok with everyone. I did it because, obviously the movie title: City in Darkness and also the DVD case is the only one in the boxset that's black.

Good movie, somewhat different than the rest of the Chan films.

Great job, RCF! Beautiful format!

I will offer an additional hint, if I may: The film in question is one of the more "history-based" Chan movies!

Sincerely,
Rush

Rush Glick
Great job, RCF! Beautiful format!

I will offer an additional hint, if I may: The film in question is one of the more "history-based" Chan movies!

Sincerely,
Rush

Thanks Rush! I thought I try my hand at some HTML with inline CSS styles and wouldn't you know it...it works in the posts! Glad you like the format. I'm thinking of keeping it that way or at least the title part for the game.

And yeah, this CC movie is unique compared to many others and very historical. I watched the extras on the dvd about the movie. Very interesting.

I'm glad you mentioned watching the extras on the DVD's. It took me a while to view them and that's how I learned of this site and about Chang Apano. Rush and others in the interviews were so well informed about my Number-1-Detective.

JaninPenna
I'm glad you mentioned watching the extras on the DVD's. It took me a while to view them and that's how I learned of this site and about Chang Apano. Rush and others in the interviews were so well informed about my Number-1-Detective.

I agree. The extras were great on the DVDs. Very informative and adds to the movies. I learned a lot about Charlie Chan and the movies from the extras and then from this site as well! Rush did a great job in the interviews on the extras and, of course, on this site!