Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What films are Chan Fans interested in?

Well, I'd love any good mystery movie. A while back I posted a question about other movies like Charlie Chan. If you go back a few months, you can probably find the message and the responses. I got a lot of great responses and a list of movies that I hope someday when I get the time, to watch!

Besides, of course Charlie Chan, I do love the Sherlock Holmes movies that have already been mentioned. Also the old b&w Dick Tracy movies as well. And Then There Were None was also a good movie. I still need to check out many movies/series if I ever get the time. We recently got a free trial to Netflix so hopefully that will give me access to some classics like Miss Marple and, as Rush mentioned, Poirot. I like the Mr. Wong movies, and hope someday to get the Mr. Moto boxsets.

I do like the old b&w monster movies: Dracula and Frankenstein and such and actually looking forward to watching them for Halloween! TV Show-wise that are non-mysteries, I like a lot of the classic tv shows from the 60s and 70s that I grew up watching on Nick-at-Nite due to my insomnia back when I was a kid heh. Shows like Get Smart and such.

Overall, I have a great appreciation for classic movies and tv shows and in most cases prefer them over movies/shows produced these days. But of course, there's always exceptions.