Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Charlie Chan Game (Guess the Movie) Round 14 - Congrats Janin!

Fan -

Don'tcha know that just everyone carries poison on a plane, in case they get a message that means they need to kill themselves? There are tons of questions like this in these movies, especially the Monograms.

On another topic, I always thought that the writer's widow kinda looked like Loretta Young. Was checking out IMDB one day, and it turned out she was her sister.

Something else that I have always thought about in relation to Treasure Island, was its connection, if any, to the Zodiac killer (of the late 1960s, early 1970s). I wonder if he really did ever watch that movie. Interestingly, Charlie's description of the killer's mind (we now call profile) seems so close to what we know about the later Zodiac killer.

And, as usual, I think of our movie makers. Did they ever dream, in a million years, that people like us would be watching and discussing their cinematic efforts, after all this time?

Diana

DMC
Fan -

Don'tcha know that just everyone carries poison on a plane, in case they get a message that means they need to kill themselves? There are tons of questions like this in these movies, especially the Monograms.

On another topic, I always thought that the writer's widow kinda looked like Loretta Young. Was checking out IMDB one day, and it turned out she was her sister.

Something else that I have always thought about in relation to Treasure Island, was its connection, if any, to the Zodiac killer (of the late 1960s, early 1970s). I wonder if he really did ever watch that movie. Interestingly, Charlie's description of the killer's mind (we now call profile) seems so close to what we know about the later Zodiac killer.

And, as usual, I think of our movie makers. Did they ever dream, in a million years, that people like us would be watching and discussing their cinematic efforts, after all this time?

Diana

lol I didn't know about that apparent custom back in the day to carry poisons on planes ...Parachutes maybe...but not poisons heh. It seemed as if the writer was expecting the message which is why he had the poison, but he seemed cheery at the beginning so he certain didn't seem like he was expecting the message at the beginning.

I watched the bonus feature on the movie's dvd about the Zodiac killer connection and that was pretty interesting! It is a very good question: did he watch the Charlie Chan movie?

No idea what the writer's thought but they definitely couldn't have guessed we'd have their movies on dvds and talking about it on the internet.

Diana,

I totally missed that he would have needed to have had the poison on him. Good insight.

The possible Zodiac connection is very creepy.

...janet