Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Have a Happy Halloween!

Hope everyone has a happy Halloween!

I found this video clip on youtube of Shindig Halloween in 1965. This has several clips put together, but unfortunately the quality isn't so good. At the beginning, Boris Karloff begins to sing The Monster Mash! There's also a clip of Ted Cassidy (Lurch from the Addams Family) dancing to "Do the Lurch". You might be able to find better quality videos of these on youtube. Also if you go to youtube, you can find the full episode which is in three parts.

Click the video below (where the triangle is) to play it in this post.

Re: Have a Happy Halloween! More Videos

Speaking of The Monster Mash, here's a video of the song I found on youtube with clips from many of the old horror movies:

Also a better quality version of "Do the Lurch":

Dear RCF,

Great stuff!! I had the good fortune to meet three of the people connected with the contents of the "Monster Mash" video in recent years, all sadly deceased today.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Sincerely,
Rush

Rush Glick
Dear RCF,

Great stuff!! I had the good fortune to meet three of the people connected with the contents of the "Monster Mash" video in recent years, all sadly deceased today.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Sincerely,
Rush

Thanks Rush I figured can't have Halloween without The Monster Mash! It's a classic. Who are the three people in the video that you've met?

"The Lurch"? I missed that one. Or maybe I just forgot. And here I thought "The Freddy" was silly.