Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Chanagram Game

Hi everyone. I have another Chanagram for this week's game. Good luck!

A reminder of what a "Chanagram" is:

An anagram is where you take a word, name, or phrase and by using all the letters just once, rearrange them to form another word, name or phrase: the anagram. Typically the anagram has some clever or witty connection to the original word/name/phrase you began with, but not always.

A "Chanagram", then, is my terminology for an anagram of a Charlie Chan-related word, name or phrase. Chanagrams would be an anagram of: A character name from a Charlie Chan movie, an actor's name from a Charlie Chan movie, or even a Charlie Chan movie title. It's important to remember that all the letters in the Chanagram are only used once. For examples of Chanagrams, see the "Previous Chanagrams" table included at the end of this post.

Below is a new Chanagram of a Charlie Chan movie title. Your objective is to unscramble the letters from the Chanagram and form the correct movie title (fill in the blanks below). Remember, you can only use each letter from the Chanagram once! If no one can do this within 24 hours, I'll post a clue to what the movie title is.

The Chanagram: "A Poet Hater"
The Movie Title: Charlie Chan ____ ____ _________

Previous Chanagrams
Below are the previous Chanagrams posted so far on this message board. Can you come up with a Chanagram?

ChanagramWhat it RepresentsType
Aha ClincherCharlie ChanCharacter
Had Grey KnotsThe Sky DragonMovie Title (Contributed by Rush)
Ideal RestaurantsAt Treasure IslandMovie Title

Re: Another Chanagram Game

Fan -

You made it easy this week, by having not too many letters.

I find this movie interesting. Oscar Levant was "involved". He was such a character, he used to be on the "Tonight Show" with Jack Paar all the time. He was a great raconteur.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks, Diana

DMC
Fan -

You made it easy this week, by having not too many letters.

I find this movie interesting. Oscar Levant was "involved". He was such a character, he used to be on the "Tonight Show" with Jack Paar all the time. He was a great raconteur.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks, Diana

Congrats DMC You are definitely thinking of the right movie. Unfortunately it's tough to find good Chanagrams so I go with whatever sounds interesting. Sometimes they're pretty simple, sometimes they're way to complex to use. Hopefully it'll be more challenging next time but glad you were playing

Congratulations, Diana! Good, quick job...

Sincerely,
Rush