Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Twelve Days of Charlie Chan Christmas

Virginia...this is brilliant! I just love it. Thanks for sharing it...janet

Janet,
You all deserve the best but you're kind to like this version!

It beats the adult version somebody sent me several years ago though!

Virginia

Dear Virginia,

Great job! Now what we need to do is put together a Chan choir to sing your worthy composition! To begin the choir, my first choice is Number One Son, himself, Lee. His rendition of "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" comes to mind...

Sincerely,
Rush

I read that thing over again and decided I could do better!:

THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHAN-DOM!

by Maven Lowel (2010)

On the first day of Chan-dom, my true love gave to me . . . # One Son on the top of the Charlie Chan Tree.

On the second day of Chan-dom, my true love gave to me . . . Two Sons wrapped in Charlie Chan Family Tree and One Son on top of the Charlie Chan Family Tree.

On the third day of Chan-dom, my true love gave to me . . . three Sons Hanging in the Chan Family Tree, Two Sons wrapped in the Chan Family Tree and # One Son in the Chan Tree.

On the fourth day of Chan-dom, my true love gave to me . . . four Chan Daughters stacking dishes on the dining table, three Sons hanging in the Chan Family Tree, Two Sons wrapped in the Chan Family Tree and One Son on the top of the Chan Tree.

On the fifth day of Chan-dom my true love gave to me . . . FIVE CHAN ACTORS ringing the bells for dinner, four Chan Daughters stacking dishes, three Sons hanging from the Chan Family Tree, two sons wrapping round Chan Family Tree and one Son on the top of the Chan Tree.

On the sixth day of Chan-dom my true love gave to me . . . six Earl Derr Biggers Chan Stories . . . and FIVE CHAN ACTORS. . . four Chan daughters, three Sons hanging in the Chan Tree, two Sons wrapped up in the Chan Tree and One Son in the top of the Chan Tree.

On the seventh day of Chan-dom my true love gave to me . . . seven Charlie Chan Movie Eras, six Earl Derr Biggers Chan Stories, and . . . FIVE CHAN ACTORS . . . four Chan daughters, three Sons hanging in the Chan Tree, two Sons wrapped in the Chan Tree and One Son in the top of the Charlie Chan Tree.

On the eighth day of Chan-dom my true love gave to me . . . eight modes of transport, seven Charlie Chan Movie Eras, six Earl Derr Biggers Chan Stories, and . . . FIVE CHAN ACTORS . . . four Chan daughters, three Sons hanging in the Chan Tree, two Sons wrapped in the Chan Treeand One Son in the top of the Charlie Chan Tree.

On the ninth day of Chan-dom my true love gave to me . . . nine oversea countries where Charlie traveled, eight modes of transport, seven Charlie Chan Movie Eras, six Earl Derr Biggers Chan Stories, and . . . FIVE CHAN ACTORS . . . four Chan daughters, three Sons hanging in the Chan Tree, two Sons wrapped in the Chan Tree and One Son in the top of the Chan Tree.

On the tenth day of Chan-dom, my true love gave to me . . . ten Chan assistants, nine oversea country Charlie traveled, eight modes of transport, seven Charlie Chan Movie Eras, six Earl Derr Biggers Chan Stories, and . . . FIVE CHAN ACTORS . . . four Chan daughters, three Sons hanging, two Sons wrapped and One Son in the top of the Chan Tree.

On the eleventh day of Chan-dom, my true love gave to me . . . 11 cities in the Americas that he saw, ten Chan assistants, nine oversea countries Charlie traveled, eight modes of transport, seven Charlie Chan Movie Eras, six Earl Derr Biggers Chan Stories, and . . . FIVE CHAN ACTORS . . . four Chan daughters, three Sons hanging in the Chan Tree, two Sons wrapped in the Chan Tree and One Son in the top of the Chan Tree.

On the twelfth day of Chan-dom, my true love gave to me . . . twelve Charlie Chan Maps, eleven cities in the Americas he saw, ten Chan assistants, nine overseas countries Charlie traveled, eight modes of transport, seven Charlie Chan Movie Eras, six Earl Derr Biggers Chan Stories, and . . . FIVE CHAN ACTORS . . . four Chan daughters, three Sons hanging in the Chan Tree, two Sons wrapped in the Chan Tree and one Son in the top of the Chan Tree.