Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Updates on Joanne

Here are updtes on Joanne from Bill. You will also see comments I had left him as well.

March 2, 2012
Joanne finished 2nd day of radiation and looked good last nite. Don't know how chemo went last night. Plan on visiting her on lunch hour. Thanks to PH for riding with her to CC today. My wonderful church benefactors expect me to show up @ fish fry.

Speaking of benefactors, an anonymous (to me) lady brought four ziti and meatball dinners from Italian Village last night. Thank you, but if you can see this message, please ID yourself because I'm keeping a thank you note list. My son didn't recognize you. It was very generous.
When another friend had asked abut the radiation and that Joanne was going to have chemo Bill had this to say.

No. Doctors directed simultaneous therapies. If any Dr, would have been opposed, it would have been her radiation Dr. Dr. Erin Murphy, and she blessed the entire treatment plan mere minutes before the first radiation treatment in conversation with Joanne, Pat Hanis and me. I specifically reminded Dr. Murphy of the Chemo at that time.
My comment that I had left.
I am so thrilled to hear she is doing well with the treatments Bill. I still keep you all in my prayers. Even though we never met, on through Chan night, you guys are great friends.
No radiation today. The machine was down. Makeup session tomorrow.
Oh man now that ain't good Bill. On a lighter side Joanne can have rest from the first treatment. Prays are still coming your way for Joanna, you and the rest of the family.
Thanks NW!
Welcome Bill.......Joanne is a strong person.

March 3 2012
Joanne got radiation today to make up for session she missed because of equipment outage. They said she ate a nice brunch afterward.
Awesome news Bill.

Hi all, thank you for all your prayers and support. Updates might not come as frequently because there's not much to tell. She's tolerating radiation and chemo extremely well. I hope the tumors...not so much. After the next six weeks of this, she will get her next big MRI and we will see where we stand. I thought of the gospel at our wedding, loaves and fishes. That generosity Christ tried to demonstrate is what many of you have demonstrated to my family. I will be forever grateful for these acts of mercy.

Prayers will still come your way Billl. I gave the lastest updates to Rush and the rest of the chan family Monday evening.

Thanks NW. If I put it on Facebook, no need to hold back from those dear friends.

Welocme Bill. No need to hold back.
March 6th 2012
Hi all, thank you for all your prayers and support. Updates might not come as frequently because there's not much to tell. She's tolerating radiation and chemo extremely well. I hope the tumors...not so much. After the next six weeks of this, she will get her next big MRI and we will see where we stand. I thought of the gospel at our wedding, loaves and fishes. That generosity Christ tried to demonstrate is what many of you have demonstrated to my family. I will be forever grateful for these acts of mercy.

Prayers will still come your way Billl. I gave the lastest updates to Rush and the rest of the chan family Monday evening.

Thanks NW. If I put it on Facebook, no need to hold back from those dear friends.

Welocme Bill. No need to hold back.

March 13th 2012

Joanne seems to improve every day. Dr. Murphy, the radiation oncologist, attributes it to her biopsy wound healing. I attribute it to prayer as well. One thing we can't attribute it to until Easter week is her simultaneous radiation and chemo treatment. That's when they will take the next official MRI. She got up and was walking around today straightening up her room.
However, Blue Cross, ever looking to squeeze the guts out of the buffalo nickel, cut out her

Awesome to hear this bill. Is this empire blue cross blue shield insurance? Figures that insurance companies do that.

Her nursing home benefit. So s far

as they are concerned she's kicked to the curb. I'm keeping her in the home while I ponder my next steps. Kids are hanging in there. Parishioners are still generous.
Some insurances are ridiculous these days.
Well that is good about Plan B Bill.

March 20th 2012
Will announce Joanne's Plan B living arrangement very soon. Radiation thinning her hair but I hope it's kicking the cancer's you know what.

Still in prayers and thoughts Bill. Will let Chan family know of this.

March 25th 2012
Well. Time to catch you all up. Plan "B" is to move the love of my life into her parents' house tomorrow, they are deceased but Joanne never sold the house. It's 1-story with handicap ramp. I guess the nursing home felt a bit betrayed by my decision to move her into the house they expected me to sell at a discount to give them money to care for her. So they came up with a plan by which they declared her "so much improved" that they could provide her rehab services while I paid $250/day for her room and board for another 2 weeks. If she had improved so much why did they paint such a bleak picture to insurance company such that they pulled funding? Had hospital bed delivered yesterday. Oldest son will be staying with us while younger boys staying with friend in old neighborhood M-F so they can get busses to school. She is walking a lot better now. Hasn't used wheelchair going to radiation in over a week! Drs. are pleased with her physical progress.
Have TV and Internet in parents house so I can telework and oldest son can do schoolwork. Got welcome visit from DC godmothers PG and AC. Thank you for all your best wishes, prayers, and support!
AWESOME PLAN BILL! Still in thoughts and prayers.

Re: Updates on Joanne

Dear NW,

Thank you for this wonderful string of March updates on Joanne's condition. It seems that things are going as well as can be hoped at this point.

Yes, as Bill stated, prayers are helping, to be sure. Everyone, please don't let up on that. The older I get, the more I know that prayer is so often (if not always) the answer for the needs of those around us. I have seen and heard too much to believe - know - otherwise...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Updates on Joanne

Dear Rush,

You are so welcome. As you stated about not letting up on prayer, I haven't let up on it at all. Pretty much the same here as well Rush with Knowing and otherwise, etc.

Before bed, I will post april's.

Sincerely,

Nightwolf