Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just Wonderin'

Chan Fans -

I was just wondering if I could be so bold as to request your get well wishes for my Chan fan husband, Jerry. When Jerry was a kid in Oakland he used to watch these movies in a real theater, across the street from where they lived.

He was just diagnosed with cancer in his jaw (and he never used tobacco in any way). His surgery is Thursday, 225 miles away, in Seattle. He has to have part of his jaw removed...

We are so worried, so please send your thoughts his way. Every little bit helps.

Thank you, Diana and Jerry

Re: Just Wonderin'

I hope everything goes well and that you both are back to watching Charlie soon. Let us know.

Tom

Thanks, we will be taking some DVDs to the hospital with us, some Charlies and a few of his vintage Japanese version Japanese monster movies (Godzilla, etc.)

We are off in the morning, at least we do not have to worry about the mountain pass this time of year.

Diana

Dear Jerry and Diana,
Please know your in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. We're pulling for you and hope for a speedy recovery. Please keep us all posted.
Best Wishes,
Matt

Fair winds and following seas

Dear Diana,

I can tell you with assurance that all of us are holding and will continue to hold Jerry in our deepest thoughts and prayers. Please continue to update us on how things are going. May God bless you both...

Sincerely,
Rush

Thank you so much everyone, for your kind thoughts.

His surgery was yesterday and lasted about 6 hours. All went well and doctor said he should heal up fine and that they got all the cancer and "the margins" look good. The downside is that after healing for 6 weeks he will have to have 6 weeks of radiation and chemo, AND there is still a 50-50 chance the cancer will return.

We will be watching a lot of Chan movies, as well as other 30s and 40s who dunits.

Again, TYSM, Diana and Jerry

Glad to hear that the surgery went well! I hope your husband feels better, DMC and that the cancer does not return!

Dearest Diane,

I'm glad to hear that things went well for your husband. Hospitals and everything that goes along with that are just so stressful.

I will be happy to remember Jerry in my prayers as he completes his treatment. I'm sending lots of warm thoughts his way and wishing him well. You too, Diane. I'm praying for your peace too.

I don't know you guys but you are part of the family of Chan, so I feel like you're part of my family too.

Be well, be strong and God Bless you both...janet

To All of Our Extended Chan Family, Thank You So Much, and we mean it.

We are home now, Jerry did so well that he was discharged about two days early (we were told 10 days in hospital was average for this procedure).

Of course, at home he can rest so much better, and thus improves daily. He walks with a walker, so gets around. Main problem is the pain from the incisions and surgery sites.

TYSM, again, Diana and Jerry

DMC, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I hope the surgery went well and that he's doing ok. Please let us know!