Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
About this website and Charlie Chan location ?

Hello...

I find this site very interesting and was wondering when it was founded ? Also, is there an actual Charlie Chan historical site in the Island of Oahu ?

Thanks.

Rita

Re: About this website and Charlie Chan location ?

Dear Rita,

Please allow me to address your questions.

According to Charlie Chan Family Home website founder, Rush Glick, 2011 was the 10th year of operating the site on the worldwide web.

Mr. Glick has gathered all kinds of documentation related to the fictional Honolulu detective Charlie Chan, and his creator, Earl Derr Biggers. If you haven't visited the Chan Study of this site, I strongly recommend that you do so.

At the Study, one will find documentation related to every aspect of Charlie Chan, including information on the Chan actors, the Biggers novels, and the Hollywood produced films from the studios of 20th Century-Fox and Monogram. Recently, documentation related to the 1957-58 TV series, "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan," has been added to the Study.

On the island of Oahu, one may find a number of Chan-related sites. But there isn't one special "historic site" devoted to Chan or his creator.

For a few years now, I have been in disussions with Honolulu people about the creation of a Charlie Chan Museum. But that's another story.

Is there something special that you are looking for about Charlie Chan on Oahu? If you have questions or concerns about Chan in Honolulu, please feel free to ask me. I'll attempt to answer your questions.

Sincerely,

Hawaii_Steve

Re: About this website and Charlie Chan location ?

Hello Steve,

I appreciate your feedback.

I just think this website is very interesting and comprehensive. I always had those questions in mind and thought I'd finally ask ! It would be nice though if it was voice activated so everyone could talk and share ideas about the movie being viewed. Such as a "Go to meeting" event.

Maybe consideration for a facebook page for fans would be interesting. In that way, people could share ideas and post pictures etc.

Rita