Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The latest

Here is the latest on Joanne.

May 3, 2012
Well we are home now (at parents house). Joanne is a little unsteady on her feet but that's probably because she's been in and out of the hospital so much in the past three weeks because of the sugar-steroids issue that all the therapies wore off. She dressed herself this AM and ate a good breakfast. Sugars are now running a little high but they prefer that to low. Key is to keep an eye on it by testing 4X daily. Lots of appointments next week. I'm excited that she will be seen Wednesday by a diabetologist, who will be super-specialized in dealing with her diabetic/steroid issues by working with the Drs. in the practice who did her surgery and who control the steroid dosages. Marc's (pharmacy for you out of towners) tried to hand me a vial of insulin yesterday and say they'd straighten out the problem (it was supposed to be a pen) tomorrow and I got a little "insistent" with them. I told them I'd call the Clinic and straighten out the prescription (to an insulin pen) if they wouldn't. I did, and 10 minutes later the prescription was properly filled. I never thought I'd learn how to stab the love of my life and draw blood to measure glucose, and then stab her again with insulin, but I draw the line at measuring insulin without benefit of a dial. Also, Frank just got over being freaked by using the pen on his mom. Joanne saw the nurse today to re-baseline her for Occupational, Physical, and Speech therapy which needs to be done after every hospital stay. Friends may call and visit at any time, but call first because she might be getting therapy or off at appointments. Thanks for all your best wishes and corporal works of mercy. God bless!

Nightwolf

Re: The latest

Dear NW,

Thank you for passing along this information. It seems that Joanne is stabilizing, which is very good news!

We see the results, perhaps, of all our prayers and positive thoughts.

Continued best wishes to Joanne, Bill, and the kids...

Sincerely,
Rush