Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan Stamp

I was wondering if Sidney Toler had any children? About 20 years ago I purchased a stamp on ebay of Sidney Toler. It was issued by Commonwealth of Dominico. It is a one dollar stamp. I would like to know if anyone would know if the stamp is worth anything. I too liked Sidney Toler and also Warner Oland.

Re: Charlie Chan Stamp

I also have an uncancelled $1 stamp from Dominica showing a likeness of Toler. Very colorful design.

The issue of any children fathered by the three main Chan actors was discussed years ago on the Charlie Chan Message Board. At that time, no one could find any reference to any children of Toler, Oland, or Winters. I have read brief biographies of these men on various internet sites, and I do not remember any reference to any offspring. Years ago, there were a few postings on the Charlie Chan Message Board from a person named Toler who claimed to be a cousin of Sidney Toler, but this person dropped off of the site before any other information came forth.

Re: Charlie Chan Stamp

Hello, Thamas and John!

It is ironic that none three actors who portrayed Charlie Chan inthe film series proper, although playing the partiarch of a "multitudinous family," had no childern of their own! I believ ehtat this is also true of J. Carrol Naish who was Charlie Chan in the 1957-58 television series, "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan."

I also have the postage stamp mentioned. It's value as a Charlie Chan keepsake certainly surpasses that of its monetary value on the open market.

Take care, gentlemen...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick