Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spamming from CC website?

Sadly, Rush, it seems someone has gotten your password to your yahoo account. At least that's what it seems. Be sure to change your password and scan your computer for any viruses/malware just to be sure they didn't get it that way.

I got two spam e-mails recently from your e-mail address, it's of course CCed to everyone on the mailing list it seems so I'm sure we all got the same e-mails. The spammer might have also added the e-mail addresses to a spam list but don't know. While it could theoretically be traced to the spammer, since it's using Rush's e-mail address (if password was stolen), I don't think it'll do much good to report the e-mails. We don't want Rush to get in trouble for someone else's actions. So again, definitely change the password and check for viruses and hopefully that won't happen again.

Although..your e-mail address could've been forged. I've seen that happen as well. If that's the case, they didn't steal your password but rather are using a way to make the e-mails seem like they're coming from your account.

However, the thing is: they have the e-mail addresses from your mailing list which might mean they did get on your e-mail account after all.

Dear RCF,

Thank you (so much!). I will try what you suggest.

Sincerely,
Rush