Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Request for an interview

Hello
Do you know about the Oland documentary that was made a few years ago by Swedish Televison? I think it was called The Chinaman from Sweden, and it aired only once. I checked with them and it is not for sale because of copyright issues. The most knowledgeable person I know about Chan is the very modest Rush Glick. David Lewis, who evidently has quite a collection of Warner Oland material, has been coming out wth a biography for years. It hasn't happened. However, I have contact info for him if you want it. Lastly, many of Oland's early films are available from Loving the Classics. Anne

Hello and many thansks for the information!
Yes, I know about the swedish documentary about Warner Oland and I will bring a copy of the dvd to the Capitolfest in Rome, New York, where it will be shown this friday. It is a very good film!
Yes, I would really like to come in contact with David Lewis!
Best,
Anders Sjogren

Anders,

I just checked. The documentary, from 2004, was called "Warner Oland: The Chinese from Bjurholm." It was directed by Anders Lindquist.