Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recommendations

Dear Jamison,

First, you may already know that ALL Fox Chan films, less the four "lost" pictures, are available on DVD commercially. They come in box sets, so, to suggest specific films would be difficult. A good first set would be, in my humble opinion, Volume One from 20th Century-Fox. It contains four of the oldest Chan adventures available (not including "The Black Camel"), plus a subtitled version of "Eran Trece" ("There Were Thirteen"), the Spanish language version of the first film in the Chan movie series, "Charlie Chan Carries On."

I hope that this has been of some help to you.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

i love recommending films. As Rush said in his message all fox chans are in boxed sets now. They come with awesome bonus features. some of these documentarys in the bonus features feature Rush himself. Some of the best chans in my opinion are CC at the Olympics, CC in Egypt , CC at Treasure Island. No matter what boxed set you chose i am pretty sure you will enjoy all the films. Sincerely your fellow chan fan : Tracy Huiskamp

Thanks for the replies, folks. I think I'll order two of the box sets to start things off.