Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New to Chan.

Hello and thankyou for your reply.

I would like to join in the chats but it would be a bit too late for me in the UK to join in. I am very much enjoying the films and watched Chans secret the other evening and was delighted to see the young Rosina Lawrence in the cast. A lovely lady who i was lucky to have a brief chat with back in the 1980's.

You never know with the lost chans turning up as even once thought lost silents seem to reappear from nowhere from time to time. I was quite surprised to learn about the lost chans as i thought most sound movies from the 30's were still available.

Best from the UK, Steve.

Re: New to Chan.

Steve, Aloha. If you haven't already I'd HIGHLY recommend reading the six original Charlie Chan novels the author wrote, and which are what first attracted the public and the film industry to demanded more Chan. They are literary greats in my humble opinion. You know the old saying, "the book was better than the movie"! I love to watch the Chan movies with my Grandchildren, who are all big Charlie Chan fans. They absolutely love the one (can't remember which) where the elevator floor drops out and the guy plunges to his death (17? floors) beneath! We all have to hang on when we get into an elevator. It's become a ritual!

Bye the way, one grandchild is part Chinese-Korean-Swede-Norwegian-Italian, and she's yet to take offense at a Swede playing the part. OK, Steve F. will call me out on this one...she's 9 yrs old :)!

Lou