Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Surviving Chan family members?

When Louise Henry passed away last year it was believed she was the last surviving adult actor from the Fox Chans. As of the mid 1990s there were quite a few remaining but time takes its toll and over the past few years at least we've lost Cobina Wright, Kay Linaker, Marc Lawrence, and some others.

Noel Neill is still alive at 92 but apparently rather frail and has retired from making public appearnces.

Re: Surviving Chan family members?

Louise Henry passed away about a year ago, and she had been living in Syracuse for many years prior to her death. I have lived in the Syracuse area my entire life, and I knew she was born and raised here. I never knew she had re-located back here after her Hollywood career ended, and that she was still in town. She kept a low profile, and was not involved with any of our local theater groups, public committees, etc. According to news sources, she is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery in Syracuse. My son and I tried to locate her grave last Fall, but were unsuccessful. Maybe this Spring we will try again, and I can post a picture if we find a headstone.