Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charlie Chan spinoff, Murder at Monogram

Wow thats great stuff. Using one of the Monogram stories would be great and add some authenticity to it. One very popular way to get funding for it would be to start a Kickstarter project. Not sure how that works with non-profit films however. Unless of course the funding would help secure the rights as well.

You allude to a good point I did not consider. I don't know who currently owns the rights to the Charlie Chan character. We don't need permission to write our own story for our own use, but if we were to market or sell a product that would be a different situation, and may have legal issues to be worked out.

'''

Hi John, I don't know if you remember me but this is a blast from the past, gosh it's years, but I still lurk.

I'm responding to your post about the Chan stories that were written by assorted members from the CCMB.

There were actually 3 to 5 complete stories written. I believe I have 3 complete stories, I'm not at home now so I'm not SURE how many. They're in rough shape as I copied them from the weekly (?) postingsat the CCMB and I never got around to putting them into manuscript form. I believe there was talk about a CC in Chicago when the concept petered out.

Madook (Tom)