Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Joanne

Hi. I've had better days. Joanne is in the hospice facility for "respite" care, to give us a break and to give her 24x7 care. During this visit she has been doing a little worse. Sometimes she can't swallow her food and if it goes down the wrong pipe she can choke. The hospice told me eventually, more and more, we will have to withhold food since that is more humane. Since this was the one thing she did, eat defiantly throughout the whole ordeal, this saddens me. When the food is completely withheld, they said she will probably be with us for a couple weeks, give or take, after that. Please pray for us. It's reaching crunch time. Please visit her if you've been putting it off. She'll be in the hospice until Monday afternoon, then home for 21 days then back in for more respite care. Thank you for all your support during this time.

Re: Joanne

My continued prayers go out to Joanne, Bill and their entire family during this most difficult time. God bless you all.
Sincerely,
Matt

Dear NW,

Thank you for providing this latest update on Joanne's condition. I can only imaging just how tough this all is for Bill and the kids. I have such fond, warm memories of thae day that I was priviliged to meet them all on their family visit to San Diego some years ago. Forever will I treasure these memories.

Yes, as Bill requests, prayers are, at this time, most appropriate as well as a definite help. I know that we will ALL be doing so, and I will continue to hold Joanne and her family in my deepest thoughts and prayers...

Sincerely,
Rush

Prayers continue for Joanne and the entire Walsh family. I pray they find strength, comfort, and peace during this time.

Steve