Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Joanne's passing

To Bill & Family,
I'm so very sorry to learn of Joanne's passing. Please accept my most heartfelt condolences during this time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your entire family.
God bless.
Matt

Although I very seldom post on this Board, I read the messages several times a week, and I follow the conversations and events. I am sorry to learn of Joanne's passing, and I offer my deepest sympathies to her family.

Our hearts and prayers go out to you.

Bill, my prayers to you and your family during this time for your loss. Lou

Words cannot express my sadness upon hearing this news of Joanne's passing. As I type this message, a flood of memories surfaces in my mind. Joanne was a bright light that touched all of us who had the honor of knowing her. How I recall the many times she contributed to our Monday evening gatherings. In the early days, it may have been just her and I. Back then she called herself Flamingo Girl. She was so very faithful in her participation! During the passage of time we shared the joys of the birth of her youngest son, Teddy and the sadness of the passing of her parents. When Bill eventually began joining her at our gatherings, and sometimes with one of their offspring accompanying them, it truly became a family affair.

I used to work in a museum located in downtown San Diego. Joanne happened to be in town during the course of her government work, and there was a chance that she would have a moment to meet with me. Unfortunately, I had stepped out for lunch or some other errand when she stopped by and I missed her! So close and yet so far...

However, a couple of years later the chance to meet not only Joanne but all of her family presented itself, and we were all able to get together for a couple of hours at the San Diego Zoo. I have and always will treasure those moments with Joanne, Bill, and the kids.

My memories continue to flash along as I type this, but I will come to a conclusion. Joanne, you will always be a part of our Charlie Chan Family. As you watch us from above, we will be thinking of you and we will feel your eternally cheerful spirit. Bill, Jesica, Frankie, Andy, Teddy, all of you will be in my deepest thoughts and prayers. May God comfort and bless all of you during this time of such a tremendous loss.

Sincerely,
Rush

God bless you, dear Joanne.

Bill,

I'm so deeply sorry to hear that you lost your soul mate. The last time I was on chat I believe you reported that Joanne felt well enough to go to a parish dinner.

In the challenging months to come I pray that you will find comfort in your good memories and in knowing that one day you will see her again, when she is again healthy and well - when we are all reunited in Heaven.

I am praying for you and your children, that you may find some peace in knowing that others care for you.

Sending love and prayers....janet

Bill,

I am so sorry to hear of her passing.
I've been away for some time( years) and recently looked in
at what I've been missing and was shocked to read about her.
My prayers and thoughts are with you all in the CC family.

Take care,

Atomant

Dear Bill,

I am sorry to hear about Joanne's passing. When I first joined the Chan family chat room, in February of 2006, Joanne was one of the members that made me feel welcome to the group. Like other family members have said before me, I will miss Joanne's warm comments at the Charlie Chan Family Home chat room.

Aloha,
Hawaii_Steve