Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our weekly Chat/Film Viewing: "Murder Over New York" dedicated to Joanne

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Independence Day and accompanying weekend…

Our film for this week’s Monday Evening Chat and Film Viewing will be “Murder Over New York,” starring Sidney Toler and featuring Victor Sen Yung as Number Two son, Jimmy in an adventure that involves international espionage and murder surrounding the development of a new, experimental bomber.

FILM NOTES: The working title of this film was “Charlie Chan in New York.” According to Fox publicity material contained in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Library files, the studio changed the title in order to prevent the public from confusing this film with other Chan features. “Murder Over New York” was a “remake” of “Charlie Chan’s Chance” from 1932, which is now one of the four “lost” Fox Chan pictures.

So, please join us in our Chat Room which is located at our Charlie Chan Family Home: www.charliechan.info, and use any of the “Chat Room” links to join us. We begin with arrivals and greetings at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, and we roll our personal copies of our film exactly 15 minutes later (8:15).

Even if you cannot access a copy of the above-noted film, please do join us anyway, as you will NOT be left out of our ongoing chat and festivities. Also, as is our custom, newcomers are offered the seat of honor at our humble table. Many of our films, such as this week’s entry, may be found available for viewing online through such outlets as YouTube, etc. Please note that “Murder Over New York” IS available online at YouTube for viewing. You may find it at this address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_dhkshdP7I

NEXT WEEK we will be viewing “Dead Men Tell,” starring Sidney Toler.

ANOTHER NOTE: “Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum” will be screened at the Old Town Music Hall in El Segundo, California during the weekend of July 19-21. Anyone interested in attending a Charlie Chan Family evening or matinee, please express your thoughts and we can, perhaps, come up with a plan. Please post at our Message Board at www.charliechan.info or email at charliechanfamily@lykos.com.

JOANNE WALSH: As I accessed our Message Board to post this weekly message, I was deeply saddened to read the news of the passing of our beloved, long-time Charlie Chan Family member, Joanne Walsh who passed away two days ago on July 5. Please keep Joanne’s family, her husband Bill and her four children Jessica, Frankie, Andy, and Teddy, in your thoughts and prayers. This week’s Chat and Film Viewing will be dedicated to Joanne and perhaps we can share our favorite memories about her as our evening progresses.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick