Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan in El Segundo

This weekend, the Old Town Music Hall in in the L.A. community of El Segundo (just south of LAX) will be showing "Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum." This offers a rare chance for fans of the Great Detective to see a Charlie Chan movie on a screen in a theater. The modest confines of the Old Town Music Hall offers an intimate and FUN setting for this experience! "Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum" will screen from Friday (7/19) through Sunday (7/21). Anyone interested in atending any of the showings can find additional information either, here at charliechan.info or by accessing the website of the Old Town Music Hall at: www.oldtownmusichall.org or calling them at (310)322-2592.

My personal plans are to attend the 2:30 matinee on Sunday with a friend of mine, having lunch at one of the local restaurants prior to the film. If anyone is interested in joining us, please respond to this message here on our CCF Message Board of email at: charliechanfamily@lycos.com.

Thank you so much...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Charlie Chan in El Segundo

Dear Rush, it was my sincere intent to come to LA for the weekend and view the movie in the theater. What a great opportunity to totally escape into the world of Chan on the big screen as it was meant to be seen and enjoyed! But fate has other plans for me. My mother is in hospice care since Monday at Holy Family Home in Parma Ohio (same city as Joanne and Mike Walsh). After weeks of going to the ER and ICU we could no longer care for mom at home and made the move. This morning, mom had a bad bought and almost passed on. Now she is pretty much sedated with morphine to keep her calm and help her breath. My sister, family and I are at her bedside day and night as the Black Camel will soon kneel again in this city.

Truly wish things were difference and I could join you all. My fond wishes for a grand afternoon of murder and mayhem in El Segundo!

Lou

"What is to be, will be"

Re: Charlie Chan in El Segundo

Dear Lou,

I was saddened to hear of your mother's passing since you posted your message. Our collective heart goes out to you and your family at this very sad time.

Sincerely,
Rush

Charlie Chan and Lou

Dear Lou,

We have been through so much since our first meeting at the Charlie Chan Mystery Tour, August of 2009, in Honolulu. Since that time, I have seen you as the supportive rock for members of your family, i.e. your daughter, your brother, your grand-kids, yours truly, and now your mother.

In a four short years, there have been so many changes to our lives. My thoughts are with you and your daughter in Ohio.

With warmest Aloha,

Hawaii_Steve