Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have you received the "Charlie Chan Collection"?

Heads up.. Oldies.com has this new Chan series for a VERY good price.....$21.20

Picture quality looks great......can finally see what happens in "the golden eye".....looks like a good transfer rather than a full restoration.....waiting for the set to be complete with the final 3. Also they could have used rush for some commentary track on these....would have been nice.....overall great to see new product out.

What I would like to see as extras on a release of the "final three" would be theatrical trailers for some of the Monograms, at least those from the Warner Brothers collections. Also, I feel it would be fun to include "The Black Camel," complete with the FULL exit music (which was sadly cut short - why? - on the 20th Century-Fox DVD release). WB holds the U.S./Canadian distribution rights to that one.

However, even without "extras" which we have all become accustomed to having these days, I feel that we are so very fortunate to have nearly ALL existing Charlie Chan movies from the series proper available in such great condition on authorized, commercially produced DVD sets.

Please enjoy, everyone...

Sincerely,
Rush

Just finished viewing the entire new set. WONDERFUL... like seeing totally new films... crisp, sharp, dark murky stuff from previous gray-market copies gone.... really a remarkable difference well worth the cost.