Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tonight's Chat/Film Viewing: "Black Magic"/"Meeting at Midnight"

Dear JP,

It was great to see you at our Chat on Monday night. I haven't seen any Mexican jumping beans in years and didn't know that they were still available! While they didn't figure directly in the mystery, Chan's jumping beans played a couple of comedic roles!

See you next Monday night, hopefully...

Sincerely,
Rush

Sorry that I can never join in the Monday night fun, and it sounds like you might have had fun this Monday.

Rush mentioned Trevor Bardette in association with early planning of this film. That got me to thinking about who he could have played (I really like Trevor when I spot him in a film). I vote for either Mr. Edwards or the killer, but maybe he would be too obvious a suspect as the murderer? It is funny that when you watch these movies all the time you get some actors who become favorites.

Keep up the postings everyone, I check in, but often don't have the time to post.

Diana

Dear Diana,

I know how life can become quite busy, not allowing us to do all that we'd like to do, perhaps. Hopefully your schedule will allow you to join with us some evening soon.

It's fun to conjecture regarding the role that Trevor Bardette may have played in "Black Magic." My vote would go to his portraying Paul Hamlin.

Take care, and thank you for the interesting post!

Sincerely,
Rush

I work evening shift, so I never participate in the Monday events either. Although I seldom post on this Board, I read it several times a week, and I wish I had the time to be more active, both on this site and other old movie sites.