Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Our Yahoo Groups site

Dear John,

Thank you for the kind words as well as the good points you bring up. If anyone can suggest how to accomplish some of what you suggest, please feel free to share that and we shall see what we can do.

Speaking for myself, I don't participate at charliechan.net but on rare occasions now as life has taken hectic turns for me in recent years and time is a more and more valuable commodity. This may also be the case with some others as well. At any rate, I certainly ponder what you noted. I will say, though, that our Monday Evening Chats have held pretty steady in attendees, although people come and go.

Again, thank you, John...

Sincerely,
Rush

Hi Rush (and Humble Chan Family Members!),

My experience with Yahoo Groups was a positive one several years ago. It has become clearer to me that Yahoo just doesn't have the desire to maintain such groups in recent years. I feel it's unfortunate in part, but with the popularity and ease of different websites and social media, Yahoo has just become outdated as it relates to such groups.

I personally feel the wealth of information here on our personal website is sufficient, plus with our newer presence on Facebook with our "Charlie Chan" page, we cover the social media aspect of exposure too.

The frustration is evident with our Yahoo Group, but praise those who have tried so hard to keep it up and running. I would have no objection if we decided to close that site.

Regards,
Matt

I never go to the Yahoo site anymore, and my home computer is shot so going to online sites at the moment is rare. A long time Chan fan, I just ordered the new collection. Why was Red Dragon passed over in this set? And how long now until that movie and the last two Roland Winter Chans make it to DVD? Loved my times during Monday nights and Chan films. Gary

Hello, Gary!

Great to see your post! If you are able, please try to join with us some Monday evening!

Regarding the last three monogram Pictures Charlie Chan films, their eventual release will certainly depend on good sales number for the current "Charlie Chan Collection." I will tell you that warner Brothers literally sought high and low for suitable copies of films to include in the present DVD collection. There was certainly need to digitally re-master at least some of the material that we are now so fortunate to have. If this set sells well enough, we can probably count on a final set which would include the two winters films and "The Red Dragon." The DVD set from three years ago evidently sold so well that WB went ahead with the second collection. In short: Good sales can equal good fortune!

Take care, Gary, and perhaps we will see you some Monday night...

Sincerely,
Rush