Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CC's Greatest Case

Just stumbled across this. Not related to Charlie Chan's Greatest Case, but I wonder what they might find next in a dusty collection somewhere out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqDnZHL4ZkY

Charlie Chan Carries On trailer

The video posted on YouTube is a locally produced trailer for "Charlie Chan Carries On" (1931). This trailer was produced for movie theaters in the San Francisco area. It was not to be shown nationally.

Since 1970, I have been collecting film prints of usual titles. As the owner of a large film collection, I have about 200 film titles, out of about 900 titles, that have never been released to the public on DVD or VHS.

Many of the films in my collection are in public domain and are not listed on IMDb.com. I am an example that there are film buffs holding rare films in private collections.

Thanks for the link.

Re: CC's Greatest Case

When I go to that youtube link it says "not available." Was it a trailer for the missing Oland film or for the Spanish version?
By the way, there's always hope. I see on another board that the long-missing mystery "The Monkey's Paw" was recently found. Wouldn't it be great if the same thing happened with the missing Chans!