Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "Charlie Chan in Shanghai"

Hi Lou ,
Yes , when I was in Shanghai I stayed at the hotel that Oland likely stayed at when he visited Shanghai , The Astor House . All the Hollywood people stayed there and today you can book the room that Chaplin stayed in with Paulette Goddard , or Einstein's room , etc . So I had the privilege of dining in the fantastic Peacock dining room and wondering if Warner had tried to get his favourite sardines there . He rubbed elbows with the high and mighty in Shanghai , in scenes that would have made a good movie in their own right .
I was in Taiwan in December , South Korea later this month , North Korea next month . I have to do a 10km fun run in NK to raise funds for an orphanage there . I haven't run 10km in 45 years ! So it will be 'interesting' on many levels !
Regards , STEVE

Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Film Viewing: "Charlie Chan in Shanghai"

AH! Steve! Now I saw this message that you posted, knowing that it is YOU...weeks later! Sorry Again, I need to apologize! I hope that I will finally be able to reconnect with you!

Take care, and we WILL be communicating soon, hopefully!

Sincerely,
Rush