Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Movie: "The House of Long Shadows" (or Seven Keys to Baldpate)

Has anyone had the opportunity to see this 1983 film based on E.D.B.'s hit book/play "Seven Keys to Baldpate"? It stars Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, David Carradine, as well as Dezi Arnaz Jr! Here's a link and looks like it may only be available as an amazon.com online movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085693/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

As everyone's aware "Seven Keys to Baldpate" was among the biggest Pre-Chan successes for E.D.B. The book is a great read, and personally I always had my suspicions that (a desire to work "key" into his next title) was the reason for the title of his first Chan Novel "The House without a Key". However, that's just conjecture on my part. And not to mention his final novel was "Keeper of the Keys" (ironic if nothing else!)

I have to give credit to Robert B as I only happened onto this film when researching his post on "The Reckless Age, 1924". Thanks Robert B!

If anyone has seen, would like your feedback on it!

Aloha from CLE
Lou

Re: Movie: "The House of Long Shadows" (or Seven Keys to Baldpate)

Thanks, There were several versions of House of Long Shadows. I think the first was in 1917. I think I remember reading George M. Cohan was in the Broadway play version. I always liked the 80's version for the reason it was the last get together for the old time horror stars. The only one left from the film today is Christopher Lee.