Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Love is a Many Splendored Thing"

Last night I was coaxed into watching "Love is a Many Splendored Thing" (1955) by my wife and daughters. To my happiness, I spotted no less than FIVE Chan actors/actresses: Philip Ahn, Barbara Jean Wong, Lee Tung Foo, as well as two number One Chan sons, Keye Luke and James Hong (from the TV drama series)! Keye Luke had but one or two lines and was seen from the rear mainly, and James Hong was, but for a possible word or two, silent.

Not a bad film, really, but the fun for me was in seeing some of our Chan Family together on screen.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: "Love is a Many Splendored Thing"

Rush, glad to hear it turned out to be "a many splendored thing" for ya :). Wow, 5 Chan actors, only you could have spotted that! I watched some of "House of Frankenstein" last night on TCM. I was LMAO to see J. Carrol Naish playing a prominent part as Boris Karloff's partner in crime: A Hunchback.

Thanks for sharing, Rush. Proof positive that every night can be a Charlie Chan night! Lou

Re: "Love is a Many Splendored Thing"

Rush,

What a great catch! I saw the film last year but never put it together. It looked like they did some location filming, but shot most of the movie in Hollywood, so it would make sense that many actors from Hollywood's Asian community would be employed. But leave it to you to make the connection!

Congrats,

Brian