Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Underrated Asian Actor

I came across a goodie on my new laptop . . . : Ellery Queen's Penthouse Mystery, a 1941 film with Ralph Bellamy and . . . Anna May Wong.

I haven't had a chance to see it again after so long but I seem to remember that it starts out in the Orient.

Doing a Google search on Ellery Queen's Penthouse Mystery and you should get the whole-full length movie.

Laptops are SSSSOOOO nice!

Re: Another Underrated Asian Actor

Oh Virginia, thanks. I will most definitely have to check that movie out. Don't think that I have ever seen an Ellery Queen mystery before, and Anna Mae Wong is one of my favorite actors. She never got the kind of roles she deserved, that's for sure. Diana

Re: Another Underrated Asian Actor

Several years back, I bought a collection of old Ellery Queen DVD movies on eBay. I watched them years ago, and I thought they were pretty good mystery movies. I think "Ellery Queen and the Murder Ring" and "Ellery Queen and the Perfect Crime" were two of the better films, and newcomers to this series may want to start with those two movies.