Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When the "migration" occurs...

Hello, everyone!

Well, for about 15 years now, this humble website has been hosted by Tripod. Since day one Trellix has been our platform, proving to be a worthy and reliable workhorse during that time not to mention the ease of use for one not well-versed in the art of website design! Soon, Tripod will be retiring Trellix and our site, along with many others, will be "migrated" to a new platform: Zeeblio.

At first, the urge to seek out an independent web designer took hold and the result was many dead-ends. Also, the daunting task of rebuilding the hundreds of pages that make up this present site was the stuff of sleepless nights! As I was down at home with a bad cold yesterday I took the opportunity to contact Tripod via their live chat feature. Basically, my fears have been greatly assuaged. in short, the site as we know it should, following the switch to Zeeblio, appear the same as it does now with everything intact, including our Message Board and Chat Room. I take those at Tripod at their word on this with a happy, yet cautious, smile. The editing process will take some getting used to, but I will test my meager skills and, if necessary, seek out the necessary help to figure it all out!

So, for those with whom I have shared my concerns of late, you now know as much as I do. Our relationship with Tripod will continue, hopefully for many years to come.

Thank you so much...!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: When the "migration" occurs...

WoW! I had no idea, but that's great news Rush. Will keep fingers & toes crossed for a smooth migration. One can hardly imagine a world without the Charlie Chan Family Home!

"May you emerge in the shining garments of success" (Behind That Curtain, Chap 4, 1928)

Re: When the "migration" occurs...

Thank you so much, Lou! Great quote!

Sincerely,
Rush