Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Layne Tom (1927-2015)

Sorry to hear the sad news of the passing of Layne Tom Jr. In all of his film appearances, especially the three Chan films, Mr. Tom's talent brought magic to the movie screen. My condolences to Mr. Tom's family.

Aloha,

Steve Fredrick

So sorry to hear of his passing. Thank you for updating us Rush. For the family of Mr. Tom (from the last novel):

"May the four nails of his coffin be of purest gold" (Keeper of the Keys, 1932, Chapter 18)

I’d like to express my most sincere condolences to the family of Mr. Tom. His memory will live long through the silver screen, most notably to me, in his memorable roles in the Charlie Chan films in which he appeared. “Impossible to miss someone who will always be in heart. (Charlie Chan at Treasure Island)” May you rest in peace Mr. Tom.
Sincerely,
Matt

Deepest Condolences to the family of Layne Tom. His contributions to film are greatly noted, and he will be remembered fondly through his work for many generations to come. May he rest in Peace.

Susan